Demotic CMS 1.0 Released
WORKS WITH: PHP >= 7.3, >= 7.4
NOT TESTED ON: PHP 8.*
Demotic 1.0 is now out. This is a refactor from the unreleased 1.1.2 version of Klang CMS. The major improvement in this first release is that it now works on both PHP 7.3 and 7.4. I haven't tested it yet on PHP 8.*. Also, Demotic will now use a new editing toolbar skin: the "Edfu skin".
List of changes implemented in this version:
- Bugfixes for Demotic CMS to work with PHP 7.4
- Fixes to the Email module. Now you can set up your contact form using the "Form" widget.
- Image Gallery widget prints out a responsive layout of 3 columns (remember the "Rules of Three" ;-))
- Backend UI improvements.
- SitemapXML plugin is now enabled during installation by default.
- UI fixes to the Admin backend.
- Bug fix to the Redirect URL form input. It now detects whether one is in the Blog section or Pages section.
- Upgrades to the base Composer components that run Demotic CMS. "container-interop" has now been dropped.
- Change version numbering from the 3 letter convention to 2-letter convention i.e. all version numbering will follow "major-version.minor-version". We are also restarting the numbering since moving from Klang CMS.
- New "Edfu" editor skin. Stacked the editor toolbar to 4 levels for better UX in a wider range of screens.
- Media Repository core module is now available for the administration of uploaded files.
- Commas are now stripped off from URIs.
Since this is the first version of Demotic CMS it could be buggy but work is still going on it.